
My second album, was handed to me by 'The Wonderful Alex', I was hesitant to listen at first, but this album quickly became a fixture in every possible device able to play music in my presence. I had listened to punk before, I had listened to "world music", I had listened to pissed off guys with guitars before, But nothing I had ever listened to, portrayed such, passion, love, out right aggression and musicality like Gogol Bordello. It is the mission and heartfelt desire of front man Eugene Hutz, to tell the world the story of The Romani, the people that many know as gypsies. The love of this album, extends into a love of their live show. (which I've gotten the opportunity to experience twice :) ) The band combines generations of musical styles, musicians from all parts of the world, with a multi-lingual, handlebar -mustachioed (an slightly crazed) front man and the results give you a punk rock experience like you will never have again.
Tracks: "Immigrant Punk" , "Think Locally, Fuck Globally", "60 Revolutions"
1 comment:
This is truly one album I don't listen to nearly enough. I was rocking out to it in my car with the windows down on Thursday while driving home from Red Wing, and I'm sure that it will become just as common in my playlist as Bad Religion.
Post a Comment